Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Art to appreciate... with a message

In the 1990s, as the Lord was strengthening my faith through readings of Pieper and Luther, I put together this montage of pictures with captions illustrating what I was learning.  Today I decided to pull this off my desk panel where it was taped for more than 10 years to share it with the world. You may need to click on the image to enlarge it so the captions are more readable.
God's Word and Luther's Doctrine Pure Shall to Eternity Endure.
The reader will note that The Twentieth Century Luther, that is Franz Pieper, brought Martin Luther so wonderfully to life for me as the Reformer of the Church. (See also Matthew Harrison's YouTube video showing this same art at about the 1 minute mark.)
Soli Deo Gloria – SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments only accepted when directly related to the post.