Search This Blog

Friday, November 1, 2013

500th Anniversary of Reformation–2017 (à la Sasse?)

Today is November 1, the day after Reformation Day, October 31.

In preparing for further comments on Prof. Roland Ziegler's essay on the Book of Concord, I have been forced to read the writings not only of Hermann Sasse, but also of those in today's LC-MS who have set up Sasse as their current theological leader... and there are many.  And so as I read what happened in the LC-MS during the 450th anniversary of the Reformation in 1967, I wonder that the upcoming 500th Anniversary "celebration" in the LC-MS (4 years from now) will be rather a celebration of Hermann Sasse, with only a passing superficial nod to the only Reformer... Martin Luther.

It is a heavy thing for me to read of Hermann Sasse...  I would not be doing it except that Prof. Ziegler seemed to understand the theology of C.F.W. Walther...  I hope!  There is a contradiction between Sasse and Walther (and Pieper) in many respects...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments only accepted when directly related to the post.